Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Draft for my story.

Jellyfish 


“DARLING COME! THE WATER DOESN’T KNOW HOW TO BITE!” my mom was calling me while she was jumping down to the sea.

The sun was shining but it wasn’t too shiny. The cloud chilled down the sun. The wind was blowing gently along people’s shoulders. I felt like I was lying down on a hammock that was hanging on two coconut trees on the beach. Oh wait, I was at a beach. I was afraid though. My mom and her friends were splashing water at each other. I was still standing on the bridge. I couldn’t jump down. I had lots of reasons for my fear of jumping down though. First, I afraid I might hit something sharp. Second, I wouldn’t like it if a crab got me. Third, I didn’t know how to swim that well.
 
“Hey! What are you waitin’ for? COME DOWN HERE LITTLE PRINCESSA!” my mom’s friend called me with all those hand gestures.

“Are there any crab?” I asked with my silly voice.

“NO! Of course not! COME!” my mom yelled back.

“OKAY! I WOULD GIVE IT A TRY!” I replied back.

I didn’t know where I got the gut and how I did it but I jumped down the bridge and it felt good. It felt like I was getting out from all the depressions.

            I swam a lot. I didn’t do much of swimming since 3rd grade because of all the homework and piano lessons. I swam all the way from the bridge to the other one which is around 100 meters far. I did all style of swimming. I didn’t pay any attention on the water and the place that I was swimming to.

            “OUCHIE! MOMMY! SOMETHING BIT ME” I yelled in pain.

            “What?” My mom asked me back in with curiosity.

            “Something with tons of those long strings that wrapped up my legs!” I cried in pain

            “Oh that’s a jelly fish! We didn’t know that this sea has jelly fishes.” My mom’s friend said out loud.

            “Come here darling. I’ll bring you back to the hotel.” My mom came closer to me and then carried me back to the hotel.

            I cried all the way from the beach to the hotel room. I can’t stop crying. It’s like hundred of stitches that were trying to go through my skin. It left a scar. But it got fade away 2 months later.

              Temptation and the desire of having fun dragged me away from my caution. I enjoyed the rest of the day watching TV and eating pop corn instead of floating on the sea. Since that day, I learned about how things can drag me out of my caution and leading me to terrible consequences. So I became more of a cautious girl the next day and still until now. 

2 comments:

Patrick said...

I hate getting stung by jelly fish. That sounds awful. I know it really hurts too. It's a good story with a really strong beginning, but it kind of fades in the end. The resolution doesn't really seem finished to me. Try to give us some more. What did it feel like to be stung? What kind of pain was it? Why was it bad for you to want to have fun with your family? Give us some more details and explanation in the end. Build us up to the climax of the story.

Justine Truong said...

@Mr. Sullivan: Thanks for the comment. I'll try to improve the essay

Post a Comment

Pleaseeee enter your comment here ;) lovee ya

Followers